snowdog (855)

Homemommy (824)

WxFreak (812)

Introduce yourself

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by WxFreak on 2012-06-27, 6:40 am

Welcome Buddy!!! We're all a bit obsessed with wx here, so you found a safe place.
WxFreak
Founding Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New member from Cove Mountain

Post by Connie on 2012-07-06, 2:22 pm

My husband and I own two rental cabins on a ridge that juts out from Cove Mountain - less than 2,000 feet below the weather station/old fire tower. I found this forum while googling "Mountain Wave Winds." We know them well - enlisted the help of a structural engineer when rebuilding after the fire of 2007. Told our builder and the engineer that 70+ mph winds are not at all unusual on our ridge, any time of the year. We live in Virginia but I always have an eye on the weather for Wears Valley/Townsend/Cades Cove area of TN. Apparently our ridge was a safe place to be last night when hurricane force winds came through the area!

Connie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WxFreak on 2012-07-06, 2:47 pm

Welcome Connie! Glad to have you here! Feel free to post to your heart’s content. Smile
WxFreak
Founding Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Math/Met on 2012-07-06, 2:58 pm

Connie wrote:My husband and I own two rental cabins on a ridge that juts out from Cove Mountain - less than 2,000 feet below the weather station/old fire tower. I found this forum while googling "Mountain Wave Winds." We know them well - enlisted the help of a structural engineer when rebuilding after the fire of 2007. Told our builder and the engineer that 70+ mph winds are not at all unusual on our ridge, any time of the year. We live in Virginia but I always have an eye on the weather for Wears Valley/Townsend/Cades Cove area of TN. Apparently our ridge was a safe place to be last night when hurricane force winds came through the area!

Welcome to the forum. I am very happy to hear that this forum pops up when you Google “Mountain Wave Winds”.

Math/Met
Meteorologist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WxFreak on 2012-07-06, 3:13 pm

Math/Met wrote:
Connie wrote:My husband and I own two rental cabins on a ridge that juts out from Cove Mountain - less than 2,000 feet below the weather station/old fire tower. I found this forum while googling "Mountain Wave Winds." We know them well - enlisted the help of a structural engineer when rebuilding after the fire of 2007. Told our builder and the engineer that 70+ mph winds are not at all unusual on our ridge, any time of the year. We live in Virginia but I always have an eye on the weather for Wears Valley/Townsend/Cades Cove area of TN. Apparently our ridge was a safe place to be last night when hurricane force winds came through the area!

Welcome to the forum. I am very happy to hear that this forum pops up when you Google “Mountain Wave Winds”.

Probably thanks in part to your posts concerning this type of event. Cool
WxFreak
Founding Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie on 2012-07-06, 3:18 pm

I plan to go back to that topic (Mountain Wave Winds) to share a little bit soon.

Connie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot on 2012-07-06, 3:31 pm

Welcome Connie...glad u found us Smile

La Vida Loca

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Wxeast

Back to top Go down

Post by windstorm on 2012-07-06, 6:02 pm

Welcomed Connie.
windstorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cookeville Weather Guy

Post by cookevilleweatherguy on 2012-07-23, 1:59 am

My name is Michael Detwiler and I run the CookevilleWeatherGuy.com website based (of course) in Cookeville, TN. I post nearly everyday (will take a very occasional Sunday off provided there is no bad weather). My Twitter username is @CookevilleWxGuy and I also run @Ckvl_Wx_Alerts (an automated Twitter feed).

I got into this weather business through significant events in my life. Hurricane Agnes while we lived in Maryland in the 70's. Hurrican Carmen in the 70's in Mississippi, and other significant weather events in Tennessee when we moved here in 1976.

I've done weather on TV, on radio, taught a weather class at Tennessee Tech, and been a guest speaker numerous times to elementary schools and other organizations. Currently I am the County Coordinator for CoCoRaHS and maintain relationships with our local EMA office as well as all the media outlets.

My goal is to one-day earn a living doing what I love (observing the weather, of course). For now, I enjoy working for the people of the 6th Congressional district as a Field Representative for Congressman Diane Black.

My wife and I have 3 kids. 2 girls who are 18 and 4 and a boy who is 2. I'm fairly easy to reach and will respond back so don't hesitate to reach out.

Admin@CookevilleWeatherGuy.com

cookevilleweatherguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WxFreak on 2012-07-23, 8:32 am

Welcome Cookeville Wx Guy!! Glad to have you on board. We look forward to you sharing your expertise in your posts, especially considering your locale. The plateau affords you many winter weather opportunities that some in the lower elevations don’t get to share in during the colder months of the year. I’m sure many will be made jealous. drool
WxFreak
Founding Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stovepipe on 2012-07-23, 8:53 am

Welcome CookevilleWeatherGuy, thanks for joining us! My wife has family spread out all around that area from Lebanon to Smithville to Cookville. Beautiful part of the state!
Stovepipe
Founding Member

View user profile http://thecountryisgoingtohell.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot on 2012-07-23, 8:04 pm

Glad you found us Cookevillewxguy!! Welcome Smile

La Vida Loca

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimkus on 2012-07-27, 2:02 pm

Hi. I'm a 21-year-old NYC native (Staten Island) who moved to Bradley County when I was little. I love weather, and pro football(Diehard Giants fan since '06). I have a general understanding of weather, and this forum seemed like a great place to keep up with local weather.
Grimkus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stovepipe on 2012-07-27, 2:15 pm

Welcome Grimkus, glad to have you! This place will get a whole lot more interesting in a few months. We have a lot of fun around here during winter.

rock on
Stovepipe
Founding Member

View user profile http://thecountryisgoingtohell.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam2014 on 2012-07-27, 3:01 pm

cookevilleweatherguy wrote:My name is Michael Detwiler and I run the CookevilleWeatherGuy.com website based (of course) in Cookeville, TN. I post nearly everyday (will take a very occasional Sunday off provided there is no bad weather). My Twitter username is @CookevilleWxGuy and I also run @Ckvl_Wx_Alerts (an automated Twitter feed).

I got into this weather business through significant events in my life. Hurricane Agnes while we lived in Maryland in the 70's. Hurrican Carmen in the 70's in Mississippi, and other significant weather events in Tennessee when we moved here in 1976.

I've done weather on TV, on radio, taught a weather class at Tennessee Tech, and been a guest speaker numerous times to elementary schools and other organizations. Currently I am the County Coordinator for CoCoRaHS and maintain relationships with our local EMA office as well as all the media outlets.

My goal is to one-day earn a living doing what I love (observing the weather, of course). For now, I enjoy working for the people of the 6th Congressional district as a Field Representative for Congressman Diane Black.

My wife and I have 3 kids. 2 girls who are 18 and 4 and a boy who is 2. I'm fairly easy to reach and will respond back so don't hesitate to reach out.

Admin@CookevilleWeatherGuy.com
Cookeville Weather Guy I remember you!

Founding Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot on 2012-07-27, 4:52 pm

Welcome Grimkus...You will enjoy the layed back nature of this forum. And as Stovepipe said..this place is loads of fun during the winter. Looking forward to your posts!! Smile

La Vida Loca

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter on 2012-08-29, 11:04 pm

Followed from talkweather. Currently residing in dadeville Alabama. Certified NOAA storm spotter. Missed my calling to do meteorology but love it as a hobby.

Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot on 2012-08-30, 12:03 am

Glad you joined Hunter!

La Vida Loca

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanster67 on 2012-08-30, 8:37 am

Hello Hunter, Cookeville Weather Guy, and Grimkus. Glad to have you all aboard. Welcome. Very Happy
Vanster67
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snowtaco on 2012-09-04, 12:17 am

hi guys. i’m zach and i’v been looking around here few a few weeks now, so i decided to join.

I love storms and snow. i have a general understanding of weather. would not mind knowing more. have put off school for 2 stupid years, and now thinking about going to be a T.W.R.A officer, like my dad is/was. his last day is september 30th.

snowtaco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snowtaco on 2012-09-04, 1:50 am

also just thought of a question. how do you post photos on here? photo bucket?

snowtaco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam2014 on 2012-09-04, 7:40 am

Nice to meet you Zach I am Adam!

Founding Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot on 2012-09-04, 8:48 am

welcome Zach Very Happy I normally use tinypic to post photos but there is also an upload option here.

La Vida Loca

Back to top Go down

Post by windstorm on 2012-09-04, 7:17 pm

Glad to see you come aboard. I have read some of you post before. They are very good. Hope you like it here. My name is Ronnie. I am into ham radio with the call sign KF4DEW. pals
windstorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snowtaco on 2012-09-05, 6:08 am

thanks for the welcome guys! may not spend much time on here. most my web time is spent on a few truck forums. than agin i say that on every forum i join. Rolling Eyes

snowtaco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum