Tennessee Weather Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WRF cast
Satellite Loop
Current Watches
Current Snow Cover
Conus Radar
Regional Radar
Tennessee Radar
SE RADAR
Enlarge
24 hr Temp change
Current MDs
Regional Temps
Conus Temps
Current CPC NAO and forecast
Top posters
Toot (6644)
Introduce yourself - Page 9 Vote_lcapIntroduce yourself - Page 9 Voting_barIntroduce yourself - Page 9 Vote_rcap 
Stovepipe (4148)
Introduce yourself - Page 9 Vote_lcapIntroduce yourself - Page 9 Voting_barIntroduce yourself - Page 9 Vote_rcap 
Adam2014 (1424)
tennessee storm09 (1304)
Jed33 (930)
windstorm (891)
John1122 (885)
snowdog (855)
Homemommy (824)
WxFreak (812)

Introduce yourself

+55
liveweatherblogs.com
mclaw44kk
Jscentraltn
wxgeek
R BarM
LoganMulti12
JasonK
thatchmo
Snowfia
mountaingirl
Amanda
shane03
memoriesof85&93
tom23
nhickman
emcf30
1234snow
juju
wolfeman
joereb1
etnwx
Snowflake
michelle
snowtaco
Hunter
Grimkus
cookevilleweatherguy
Connie
buddy17474
cliftown04
Math/Met
Reb
KK4HGX
windstorm
BethD
Kim0129
southlander
Matthew
Mike Puckett
WxFreak
jparamore
Scaley
Mrgolf
deeon
Jed33
secleveland
ballpark
Vanster67
Eric
Stovepipe
Homemommy
Adam2014
Dyersburg Weather
tennessee storm09
Toot
59 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself - Page 9 Empty Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Toot 2013-01-17, 10:48 am

Hi Jason..glad you joined up Smile
Toot
Toot
La Vida Loca

https://www.facebook.com/Wxeast

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganMulti12 2013-01-17, 6:22 pm

I am Logan Newkirk from Ciniminson NJ, the suburbs of Philadelphia. I love weather and I want to be a meteorologist when I grow up. I am currently in high school, 15 years old. I do know alot about weather and stuff like that. If you want you can follow this facebook page if you want. Its actually me and my Uncles page. If ya'll do decide to follow this page, please share it as well if you want.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-95-Corridor-Weather-Center/322150254553268?ref=hl

LoganMulti12

Back to top Go down

Post by R BarM 2013-01-17, 6:59 pm

Hi, everyone. I am Rick from Kingsport, TN. I learned about this site from posters on Volquest. Love the outdoors, golf, kayaking, fishing, etc, but I think I will need an interpreter on this site. I have no knowledge worth sharing when it comes to weather, but I plan on lurking and learning. I am married, 28th anniversary coming up this weekend. I'm sure some of you guys remember the great weather we had in January of '85. Anyway, thanks to all for sharing.

R BarM

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot 2013-01-18, 6:01 pm

Hey Rick..glad you joined and congratulations on number 28 there!
Toot
Toot
La Vida Loca

Back to top Go down

Post by windstorm 2013-01-18, 9:54 pm

Welcome
windstorm
windstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by R BarM 2013-01-19, 7:11 am

Thank you. Keep the great info coming.

R BarM

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself - Page 9 Empty time to quit lurking

Post by wxgeek 2013-01-22, 4:20 pm

I love to watch the weather and know what's happening well before it hits the local forecasts. I was usually pretty frustrated about the lack of available info until I stumbled upon this site a couple months ago. I like what you've built here. I won't have much to contribute aside from an occasional opinion or two since I have no formal training in the meteo arts.

wxgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot 2013-01-22, 5:06 pm

Welcome wxgeek..and thanks for the kind words. We love to hear peoples opinions here. So dont be shy!
Toot
Toot
La Vida Loca

Back to top Go down

Post by Jscentraltn 2013-01-22, 9:40 pm

My name is john. Live in cheatam county which is 30 miles nw of nashville. I love weather year round! My wife thinks I'am crazy everyone in my family calls for weather forecast day and night. Never went to school for meteorology. Everything I learn is from you guys and studying the models. So thanks for this site smartass
Jscentraltn
Jscentraltn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself - Page 9 Empty new at this...

Post by mclaw44kk 2013-02-09, 12:09 pm

Hey- Great site you have here. I found it on Volquest and have always been an amatuer weather watcher. Y'all have alot of great info on here! Hope to learn more each time Im on. Keep up the good work! Mark from upper East Tennessee

mclaw44kk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake 2013-02-09, 12:46 pm

Hello Everyone, My name is Laura and I live in Oak Ridge which is a little NW from Knoxville. I've always been fascinated with the weather and especially love snow. I'm in my 50's so I've seen some good snows here in the SE from the "good ol' days". Happily married for over 35 years, no kids but lots of nieces, nephews, and critters. Sure do like this site and all the great input, and the fact it focuses on TN.

And Toot, you're a hoot!! LOL lmao
Snowflake
Snowflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot 2013-02-09, 2:52 pm

Welcome JS.. Mclaw.. and Snowflake! LOL Snowflake you just have to look over my wild sense of humor sometimes lmao
Toot
Toot
La Vida Loca

Back to top Go down

Post by snowtaco 2013-02-10, 2:32 am

Welcome Mclaw and snowflake! snowflake you close to me, i’m in clinton. also welcome JS you sound kinda like me, I love weather and am learning some from this site.

snowtaco

Back to top Go down

Post by windstorm 2013-02-11, 12:26 am

Welcome all new members. Very easy to post in here and to say what you think about the weather, even if people don't agree. That what it's all about. I have been in one where if you disagreed, you were called dumb, goofy, didn't know what you were talking about or block you from the forum. These guy's are pretty easy going. So welcome. popcorn
windstorm
windstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by tom23 2013-02-11, 6:48 am

windstorm wrote:Welcome all new members. Very easy to post in here and to say what you think about the weather, even if people don't agree. That what it's all about. I have been in one where if you disagreed, you were called dumb, goofy, didn't know what you were talking about or block you from the forum. These guy's are pretty easy going. So welcome. popcorn

I definitely would have to agree here Windstorm. I have similar experiences. I'm very thankful for a forum like this. Very, very easy place to learn compared to other sites. If you have any questions at all, just ask them. That's the best and truly only way to really learn things about the weather.

Welcome to the forum all new members! Look forward to riding the weather roller coasters with all of you!

tom23
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot 2013-02-11, 6:25 pm

windstorm wrote:Welcome all new members. Very easy to post in here and to say what you think about the weather, even if people don't agree. That what it's all about. I have been in one where if you disagreed, you were called dumb, goofy, didn't know what you were talking about or block you from the forum. These guy's are pretty easy going. So welcome. popcorn

Thanks windstorm..this was the feeling we were going for when we created this place. Im glad it has retained that reputation Smile
Toot
Toot
La Vida Loca

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake 2013-02-11, 6:41 pm

I'm with tom and windstorm; it's sure nice to have such a great forum available. And snowtaco, yes we are practically neighbors. Since you're an Anderson Countian, do you recall the Groundhog Day snow in 1996? They were initially predicting "inches" of ice, but after about 30 min of sleet it turned to snow. We had 2 feet here in Oak Ridge and I've never seen it snow so hard in my life. Straight down and beautiful. It stayed cold for several days and continued to snow off and on. You couldn't see grass or pavement for over a week, and the sledding was incredible! That was probably my "dream snow" of all time. Laughing

Snowflake
Snowflake

Back to top Go down

Post by snowtaco 2013-03-31, 12:10 am

Snowflake wrote:I'm with tom and windstorm; it's sure nice to have such a great forum available. And snowtaco, yes we are practically neighbors. Since you're an Anderson Countian, do you recall the Groundhog Day snow in 1996? They were initially predicting "inches" of ice, but after about 30 min of sleet it turned to snow. We had 2 feet here in Oak Ridge and I've never seen it snow so hard in my life. Straight down and beautiful. It stayed cold for several days and continued to snow off and on. You couldn't see grass or pavement for over a week, and the sledding was incredible! That was probably my "dream snow" of all time. Laughing

No I don’t remember that. I’m just 21, so I was like 4 years old. I use to live over off Norris freeway in Knox County We moved to AC in 08.

I wish we would have another storm like the one back in march of ’93. All though that amount of snow would not be much to me. I have been in WNY and have seen 5+ feet of lake effect snow, and yes they where still going to school. Almost 1’ fell in one night alone not counting what well that day and the next day, and all the other days. Me and mom got stuck at my grandmothers and could not come back home because of bad weather.

snowtaco

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself - Page 9 Empty Meteorologist Rob Guarino

Post by liveweatherblogs.com 2013-06-17, 2:36 pm

Hi all

I love your website and keep up the great work. If you want to promote your website on our mega site liveweatherblogs.com let me know..we need some good coverage in TN.  Drop me an email at rob@stormsurgellc.com or call me at 609-254-4487

liveweatherblogs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot 2013-06-17, 6:46 pm

Welcome Rob..glad you joined here.
Toot
Toot
La Vida Loca

Back to top Go down

Post by fire rescue87 2013-11-19, 5:16 pm

The name is Jared. Have been lurking on here for about a year, and then I made an account and forgot my info. From middle Illinois, near where one of the tornadoes from over the weekend hit. Have been interested in weather for a good while, family weather man if you can call an amature that. 26 years old. Live in Benton county and am on the local fire department and rescue squad.
fire rescue87
fire rescue87
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed33 2013-11-19, 5:44 pm

Welcome Jared glad you joined us!

Jed33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb 2013-11-19, 6:40 pm

Welcome aboard Jared!
Reb
Reb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WFayetteTN1 2013-12-06, 1:15 pm

Hey guys... I am WFayetteTN but I saw no way to send myself a reset password etc.. .so I created a new acct WFayetteTN1. I live in West Central Fayette County in West TN (there is no city limit around here.. so Im just in the cloud of county space) .. I usually lurk with an occasional question. Hope there are at least a few West TN guys around here.. It might be pretty boring reading about how awesome the weather is in East TN... Smile Oh, I use a lot of periods when I type.. so hopefully you wont send me out to walk the plank...especially if its glazed with a thin coating of ice. Smile
But, about me? Ive been involved in ham radio and emergency svcs as a hobby (comm side) for more than 20 years. Im active in Skywarn (we are getting the band back together in this area.. so youll start hearing more about that by Springtime).
So I enjoy nowcasting... and over the last few years I have picked up some winter forecasting skills and long range severe weather.. Enough to have an opinion, at least.. Smile

WFayetteTN1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed33 2013-12-06, 1:39 pm

Welcome aboard Chris! Great to see you posting here!

Jed33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum