John1122 (885)

snowdog (855)

Homemommy (824)

WxFreak (812)

TNI And Tornadoes Swarms

Go down

TNI And Tornadoes Swarms

Post by Pamphobeteus on 2015-03-08, 10:23 am

The Trans Niño Index-Anyone familiar with this correlation? Also anyone know our current readings? Positive years tend to have a tendency to produce major outbreaks of tornadoes! I looked myself and the relationship seems to be there

Pamphobeteus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TNI And Tornadoes Swarms

Post by Jscentraltn on 2015-03-08, 11:17 am

Haven't done much research on this, but I do know that as long as that polar jet continues to come so far south during the spring like it has done the last couple years our tornado numbers will remain low... Not saying we can't get any, but not big outbreaks! Pattern through March looks to remain up and down, even into the first part of april... So the cycle we are in, will it last a couple more years or break? It is not due to global warming! The weather we have now is the same we have had for thousands of years...... It is we have a higher population and more reporting... All I can say is just be prepared!

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by windstorm on 2015-03-14, 5:20 pm

Looks like starting sometime in say mid April you may see a big upturn in severe weather around the southern plains or the south east. As the jet stream begins to dig a trough in the west this should set the stage for severe weather. Plus GOM warm waters adding to the mix. Let hope this does not happen.
windstorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by windstorm on 2015-03-19, 8:50 pm

Well it has been another good season for snow and cold weather this winter. We got 9.7 inches of snow this winter which is over twice as much as we should get in a normal winter. Hope everyone got a least one good snow this winter. Time for me to get ready for planting season. Didn't won't to start a new thread on this. But hope to hear everyone's input on next winter,..
windstorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum