WRF cast
Satellite Loop
Current Watches
Current Snow Cover
Conus Radar
Regional Radar
Tennessee Radar
SE RADAR
Enlarge
24 hr Temp change
Current MDs
Regional Temps
Conus Temps
Current CPC NAO and forecast
Top posters
Toot (6644)
 
Stovepipe (4148)
 
Adam2014 (1424)
 
tennessee storm09 (1302)
 
Jed33 (930)
 
windstorm (891)
 
John1122 (885)
 
snowdog (855)
 
Homemommy (824)
 
WxFreak (812)
 


Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by fire rescue87 on 2016-01-18, 8:43 pm

Jscentraltn wrote:I'm sure news 2,4,5 gotcha ya covered!!!!! I'm out!

Oh I'm just messing with you. I don't know enough about winter weather to comment on it
avatar
fire rescue87
Founding Member

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-11-19
Age : 30
Location : benton county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by jeffmac99 on 2016-01-18, 9:45 pm

It looks like we are going to get one shot after another at a decent snow over the next few weeks...lot's of opportunities let's just hope some of us can cash in and land in the sweet spot!!  BTW Jscentraltn I like your maps too...I don't know enough to post much either!!! Very Happy

jeffmac99
Member

Posts : 9
Join date : 2013-03-02
Location : West Knoxville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Jscentraltn on 2016-01-18, 10:08 pm

No worries guys! Here is the 0z Nam which is now in range to start looking at the fri-sat storm... It looks a lot better than its 18z run, but I would like to see it stronger and farther se from where it is placing it.... It will change I'm sure! So here you go....



_________________
REMEMBER!!!!!! The day when man and dinasouar walked the earth together..... In the beginning things were good!
avatar
Jscentraltn
Admin

Posts : 703
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 38
Location : Cheatham county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Jscentraltn on 2016-01-18, 10:14 pm

This is the wed storm from the 0z Nam model just now coming in.... It looks like the border is where most of the snow will fall I would say 1-2 inches maybe... Closer to Nashville it looks to be more of a mix......


_________________
REMEMBER!!!!!! The day when man and dinasouar walked the earth together..... In the beginning things were good!
avatar
Jscentraltn
Admin

Posts : 703
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 38
Location : Cheatham county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Toot on 2016-01-18, 10:56 pm

Jscentraltn wrote:Does anyone post here anymore? Or do I just talk to myself?
I read every post u make. There all good too..I appreciate your posts and enthusiasm, I also need another admin (thats around alot like I am) that way this site can keep going if I kick the bucket. All the other ones have sort of just disappeared, Need to do some house cleaning. Would you be interested in being the other admin?

Jscentraltn wrote:Toot do you think the euro will come farther south than its 12z run? I know they will waffle around some... I also know if it happens as is now, we will all see snow...but I'm talking as far as bigger snows?
Doubtful...this one looks pegged but could wobble one way or the other. Rarely southern stream storms trend south either.... especially with the PV in a key spot (Hudson Bay). All the nice ones happen usually when its over hudson bay..lol

jeffmac99 wrote:It looks like we are going to get one shot after another at a decent snow over the next few weeks...lot's of opportunities let's just hope some of us can cash in and land in the sweet spot!!  BTW Jscentraltn I like your maps too...I don't know enough to post much either!!! Very Happy

Yessir...looks like plenty of cold and storms with two very active jets pointed at us (Polar) and (subtropical) tons of energy. Like u said wave after wave... pals


Jscentraltn wrote:No worries guys! Here is the 0z Nam which is now in range to start looking at the fri-sat storm... It looks a lot better than its 18z run, but I would like to see it stronger and farther se from where it is placing it.... It will change I'm sure! So here you go....

The NAM at 84 is like the GFS at hr 384..lol it'll get it straight

Jscentraltn wrote:This is the wed storm from the 0z Nam model just now coming in.... It looks like the border is where most of the snow will fall I would say 1-2 inches maybe... Closer to Nashville it looks to be more of a mix......


Looks like OHX aint doing their job compared to MRX with the clipper..some of OHX area is blank..lol




Here's OHX's page graphic


Heres MRX's page graphic

_________________
My Blog
avatar
Toot
La Vida Loca

Posts : 6644
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : Cocke County, TN

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Wxeast

Back to top Go down

Admin!

Post by Jscentraltn on 2016-01-19, 7:16 am

Toot wrote:
Jscentraltn wrote:Does anyone post here anymore? Or do I just talk to myself?
I read every post u make. There all good too..I appreciate your posts and enthusiasm, I also need another admin (thats around alot like I am) that way this site can keep going if I kick the bucket. All the other ones have sort of just disappeared, Need to do some house cleaning. Would you be interested in being the other admin?

Yes toot! I would be interested... Thank you.

Jscentraltn wrote:Toot do you think the euro will come farther south than its 12z run? I know they will waffle around some... I also know if it happens as is now, we will all see snow...but I'm talking as far as bigger snows?
Doubtful...this one looks pegged but could wobble one way or the other. Rarely southern stream storms trend south either.... especially with the PV in a key spot (Hudson Bay). All the nice ones happen usually when its over hudson bay..lol

jeffmac99 wrote:It looks like we are going to get one shot after another at a decent snow over the next few weeks...lot's of opportunities let's just hope some of us can cash in and land in the sweet spot!!  BTW Jscentraltn I like your maps too...I don't know enough to post much either!!! Very Happy

Yessir...looks like plenty of cold and storms with two very active jets pointed at us (Polar) and (subtropical) tons of energy. Like u said wave after wave... pals


Jscentraltn wrote:No worries guys! Here is the 0z Nam which is now in range to start looking at the fri-sat storm... It looks a lot better than its 18z run, but I would like to see it stronger and farther se from where it is placing it.... It will change I'm sure! So here you go....

The NAM at 84 is like the GFS at hr 384..lol it'll get it straight

Jscentraltn wrote:This is the wed storm from the 0z Nam model just now coming in.... It looks like the border is where most of the snow will fall I would say 1-2 inches maybe... Closer to Nashville it looks to be more of a mix......


Looks like OHX aint doing their job compared to MRX with the clipper..some of OHX area is blank..lol




Here's OHX's page graphic


Heres MRX's page graphic

_________________
REMEMBER!!!!!! The day when man and dinasouar walked the earth together..... In the beginning things were good!
avatar
Jscentraltn
Admin

Posts : 703
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 38
Location : Cheatham county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by etnvolman on 2016-01-19, 8:37 am

jscentraltn , im on this site all the time and read all the post just not smart enough to make a comment lol !!! love the site and all the info that's posted .lots to learn !!!

etnvolman
Member

Posts : 23
Join date : 2013-02-08
Age : 47
Location : sevierville,tn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by windstorm on 2016-01-19, 2:53 pm

Is it time for this ?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU
avatar
windstorm
Member

Posts : 891
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Harrison, tn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by windstorm on 2016-01-19, 5:23 pm

1 to 2 inches of snow for our area in Chattanooga Wednesday. Hi today was 33. Lo was 15. it 30 now at 5:25.
avatar
windstorm
Member

Posts : 891
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Harrison, tn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by windstorm on 2016-01-19, 5:25 pm

One other thing, if any of you get snow, please post some pictures. Thanks..
avatar
windstorm
Member

Posts : 891
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Harrison, tn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by secleveland on 2016-01-19, 6:42 pm

i am always here all year long i just read not post lol

_________________
I love snow just not on race day Suspect
avatar
secleveland
Founding Member

Posts : 53
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : Meigs County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Toot on 2016-01-19, 6:59 pm

secleveland wrote:i am always here all year long i just read not post lol

NEED MORE POSTING beer

_________________
My Blog
avatar
Toot
La Vida Loca

Posts : 6644
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : Cocke County, TN

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Wxeast

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by secleveland on 2016-01-19, 7:09 pm

sorry i never get to excited with southern storms seem like Meigs is always in the warm tongue up the river

_________________
I love snow just not on race day Suspect
avatar
secleveland
Founding Member

Posts : 53
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : Meigs County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Jscentraltn on 2016-01-19, 8:18 pm

Hey guys!!! Not posting much about late tonight and tomorrow's clipper deal... I do think some of the northern county's will have a little more snow than what the nws is saying. I can see some 3-5 inch totals. As far as the late Thur night into fri storm... I will post some images later after I look at a few things.... Just home from work have to eat......

_________________
REMEMBER!!!!!! The day when man and dinasouar walked the earth together..... In the beginning things were good!
avatar
Jscentraltn
Admin

Posts : 703
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 38
Location : Cheatham county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Toot on 2016-01-19, 11:12 pm

Gonna be a busy end of the week with all this snow. I just cant get caught up posting everywhere..lol

_________________
My Blog
avatar
Toot
La Vida Loca

Posts : 6644
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : Cocke County, TN

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Wxeast

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Jscentraltn on 2016-01-19, 11:17 pm

I hear you! I was looking at the nam and sref 21z and some of the new gfs that is running... They all are kinda with 12z euro with the cutoff.... It will be fun!


Last edited by Jscentraltn on 2016-01-19, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
REMEMBER!!!!!! The day when man and dinasouar walked the earth together..... In the beginning things were good!
avatar
Jscentraltn
Admin

Posts : 703
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 38
Location : Cheatham county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Toot on 2016-01-19, 11:35 pm

GFS says north of 40 for the big totals!!!

_________________
My Blog
avatar
Toot
La Vida Loca

Posts : 6644
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : Cocke County, TN

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Wxeast

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Jscentraltn on 2016-01-19, 11:50 pm

It's hard to tell where that deform band sets up, but I hope it is close to me.... I think by 12z runs tomorrow we will better know where and who.... Maybe!!! ... Toot what is the Canadians problem? Did you see the 0z run it went way south....

_________________
REMEMBER!!!!!! The day when man and dinasouar walked the earth together..... In the beginning things were good!
avatar
Jscentraltn
Admin

Posts : 703
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 38
Location : Cheatham county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Toot on 2016-01-20, 12:32 am

Jscentraltn wrote:. Toot what is the Canadians problem? Did you see the 0z run it went way south....
It followed the euro..u was asking about a southward trend well im afraid were seeing it. The GFS should cave next


_________________
My Blog
avatar
Toot
La Vida Loca

Posts : 6644
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : Cocke County, TN

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Wxeast

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Jscentraltn on 2016-01-20, 5:06 am

Well guys!! It looks like the euro held serve on the 0z run..... Here is the image of the snowfall.... I will post later today, off to work....


_________________
REMEMBER!!!!!! The day when man and dinasouar walked the earth together..... In the beginning things were good!
avatar
Jscentraltn
Admin

Posts : 703
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 38
Location : Cheatham county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Toot on 2016-01-20, 9:40 am

Time to move on to the NAM now then the 4km nam then the 3km HRRRR

6znam snowfall..wow NW TN coming in at around 19 inches!!

_________________
My Blog
avatar
Toot
La Vida Loca

Posts : 6644
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : Cocke County, TN

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Wxeast

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by fire rescue87 on 2016-01-20, 9:49 am

I hope we got more than the mix we got this morning. 1/10 ice and some sleet.
avatar
fire rescue87
Founding Member

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-11-19
Age : 30
Location : benton county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Jscentraltn on 2016-01-20, 10:13 am

Here is a pic of what I got from this little clipper. I thought there would be higher snow totals up north I got more of a mix got about 1/2 inch of snow.... Report out of Clarksville is about 3 inches which is about 15 min just to nw


_________________
REMEMBER!!!!!! The day when man and dinasouar walked the earth together..... In the beginning things were good!
avatar
Jscentraltn
Admin

Posts : 703
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 38
Location : Cheatham county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Jscentraltn on 2016-01-20, 10:17 am

Now for Thur night through sat!!!! Let the fun begin Smile the 12nam looks to like the euro. it is now colder and as far as snow it looks great for most of the state... I will update after all model runs come in later....


_________________
REMEMBER!!!!!! The day when man and dinasouar walked the earth together..... In the beginning things were good!
avatar
Jscentraltn
Admin

Posts : 703
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 38
Location : Cheatham county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by windstorm on 2016-01-20, 10:55 am

sleet, fr rain. some slick spots on side roads. Temp 29.
avatar
windstorm
Member

Posts : 891
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Harrison, tn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter wx Discussion 2015/16

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum