Tennessee Weather Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WRF cast
Satellite Loop
Current Watches
Current Snow Cover
Conus Radar
Regional Radar
Tennessee Radar
SE RADAR
Enlarge
24 hr Temp change
Current MDs
Regional Temps
Conus Temps
Current CPC NAO and forecast
Top posters
Toot (6644)
Thanks For a Great 3 Months! Vote_lcapThanks For a Great 3 Months! Voting_barThanks For a Great 3 Months! Vote_rcap 
Stovepipe (4148)
Thanks For a Great 3 Months! Vote_lcapThanks For a Great 3 Months! Voting_barThanks For a Great 3 Months! Vote_rcap 
Adam2014 (1424)
tennessee storm09 (1304)
Jed33 (930)
windstorm (891)
John1122 (885)
snowdog (855)
Homemommy (824)
WxFreak (812)

Thanks For a Great 3 Months!

2 posters

Go down

Thanks For a Great 3 Months! Empty Thanks For a Great 3 Months!

Post by Stovepipe 2012-03-09, 11:15 am

I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for being a part of this site. We've been up and running for three months now and despite the terrible winter, discussion here has been lively and I feel pretty good about the community we've built so far!

Here are a few stats to take note of at the three month mark:

Since Monday December 5th, 2011:

-62 Members
-236 Threads
-8,220 Posts
-86 Average Posts Per Day
-2.5 Average New Threads Per Day

There has been some high quality weather discussion going on and I want to thank everyone for participating. We have a number of experts that we've recognized on here and we appreciate their contributions. Participation from everyone else is just as important though and some of the observations, now casting, questions, and hilarious posts have been top notch.

Obviously we are focused on weather here but other topics have been quite interesting, and often times very funny, lately during lulls in the weather. We've touched on everything from politics and religion to sports, fishing, and video gaming. So far there have been no stabbings that I know of and people have been respectful of others opinions. Just great discussion all around.

On that note, we've added a News and Current Events forum in the Members Only area. The Random Discussion forum was becoming a bit too much of a catch-all so we moved some of those threads to the new forum. I encourage everyone to start threads there about topics that interest them. In case you haven't noticed, we did add a new public section for Tennessee News and History as well so also feel free to add to that with content about the state.

So again, it's been a great three months and it's been a pleasure getting to know all of you. For many of us, winter weather is the most exciting to track, but it is our hope that you continue to check in as we move through spring and summer. I'm told that this severe season could be more interesting than normal so stay tuned. Also we hope you will join us in the non-weather conversations as well.

Finally, there will be some Weather Spot Gatherings to talk about soon. We are kicking around ideas for get-togethers around the state! As always, feel free to give us feedback and suggestions in the Site Talk forum on how we can make this place better.

Here's to a great 3 months and many more to come!

Thanks For a Great 3 Months! Wkfdqt

Cheers!

Stovepipe
Stovepipe
Founding Member

http://thecountryisgoingtohell.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Thanks For a Great 3 Months! Empty Re: Thanks For a Great 3 Months!

Post by Toot 2012-03-09, 9:49 pm

Awesome start for a new weather forum!!! Great discussion and not too much moderation...just the way I like it... and thanks for the post Stove. Smile Smile
Toot
Toot
La Vida Loca

https://www.facebook.com/Wxeast

Back to top Go down