Tennessee Weather Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WRF cast
Satellite Loop
Current Watches
Current Snow Cover
Conus Radar
Regional Radar
Tennessee Radar
SE RADAR
Enlarge
24 hr Temp change
Current MDs
Regional Temps
Conus Temps
Current CPC NAO and forecast
Top posters
Toot (6644)
Monster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say Vote_lcapMonster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say Voting_barMonster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say Vote_rcap 
Stovepipe (4148)
Monster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say Vote_lcapMonster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say Voting_barMonster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say Vote_rcap 
Adam2014 (1424)
tennessee storm09 (1304)
Jed33 (930)
windstorm (891)
John1122 (885)
snowdog (855)
Homemommy (824)
WxFreak (812)

Monster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say

3 posters

Go down

Monster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say Empty Monster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say

Post by etnwx 2014-04-22, 1:13 pm

Ready for a ’90s El Niño flashback?

Researchers are keeping a close eye on a giant pool of abnormally warm water in the Pacific Ocean that some think could trigger another El Niño of epic proportions if it rises to the surface, sending weather patterns into a tizzy around the world.

That could mean heavy rains in drought-stricken California, dry weather across the Midwest and East Coast, and parched landscapes in Australia and South Africa while it pours in South America. The phenomenon is linked to the periodic warming of surface waters in the eastern tropical Pacific Ocean.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/california-drought/monster-el-nino-may-be-brewing-experts-say-n83526

I would have posted this in the news section, but apparently I do not have access. sneaky
etnwx
etnwx
Storm Spotter

http://www.etnwx.com/

Back to top Go down

Monster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say Empty Re: Monster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say

Post by wxgeek 2014-04-27, 2:40 am

So you're looking to main stream media for your weather? The El Nino is already backing off. I trust Bastardi on these matters. He's got good objective ideas and usually admits when he's wrong and learns from it.

http://www.weatherbell.com/saturday-summary-april-26-2014

Watch that. It says the coming winter should be like 02-03 and 09-10, both of which had a few good snows it middle TN.

wxgeek

Back to top Go down

Monster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say Empty Re: Monster El Nino May Be Brewing, Experts Say

Post by etnwx 2014-04-27, 1:37 pm

I try to look everywhere for weather news. If you look in "Severe getting cranked up?", you'll see that several days ago I posted an article from Accuweather.

Point is, I don't cherry pick from one source or another, and I don't necessarily agree with every article I post. They are just added to debated upon, agreed or disagreed with, and analyzed. Personally I hope we don't have an El Nino as that means dry weather for us IIRC.

And as far a Bastardi goes, he's had a lot of hits and misses just like any other forecaster.
etnwx
etnwx
Storm Spotter

http://www.etnwx.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by windstorm 2014-04-28, 10:21 am

Thanks for posting these websites.Great to look over. Have a good day. With the upcoming weather stay safe.
windstorm
windstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down