Tennessee Weather Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WRF cast
Satellite Loop
Current Watches
Current Snow Cover
Conus Radar
Regional Radar
Tennessee Radar
SE RADAR
Enlarge
24 hr Temp change
Current MDs
Regional Temps
Conus Temps
Current CPC NAO and forecast
Top posters
Toot (6644)
Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Vote_lcapDr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Voting_barDr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Vote_rcap 
Stovepipe (4148)
Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Vote_lcapDr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Voting_barDr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Vote_rcap 
Adam2014 (1424)
tennessee storm09 (1304)
Jed33 (930)
windstorm (891)
John1122 (885)
snowdog (855)
Homemommy (824)
WxFreak (812)

Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter

3 posters

Go down

Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Empty Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter

Post by Toot 2012-11-25, 10:10 pm

This is the guy that has done all the Siberian October Snowfall research.

His theory is pretty simple and also one that I put alot of weight on when making a winter outlook

Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Cohen-schematic

I havent been able to find this years but his company (AER) puts out seasonal forecasts that are unusually accurate..here are some recent ones they put out.

Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter AER-Seasonal-Forecast-Winter-2010-11-US-672x316

Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Cohen_2012

Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter AER_summer_temp_fcst
Toot
Toot
La Vida Loca

https://www.facebook.com/Wxeast

Back to top Go down

Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Empty Re: Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter

Post by skillsweather 2012-11-25, 10:41 pm

Wow when looking at that first im like wow so hes predicting another torch winter. Then I seen the 2012. He nailed last winter obviously lol

skillsweather
Banned

Back to top Go down

Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter Empty Re: Dr. Judah Cohen weighs in on the winter

Post by Jed33 2012-11-25, 10:58 pm

Yeah, this guy is evidently pretty good. I saw his info over at amwx also. I sure hope he's right. I'm trying not to get too bogged down in the individual model runs b/c of the volatility from run to run. It would be real easy to just give up and say move on to next winter, when we haven't even had any of this winter yet. However, I think we will get the Pacific to cooperate. It's just going slower than i'd like. Believe me. I think,with the SSW though, it's only a matter of time.

Jed33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down